CRUFTS HERE WE COME!!!!
- Have you looked at Crufts on the television and thought you’d love to be there one day with your dog?
- Have you thought you and your dog might well have what it takes?
- Are you daunted by the fact you don’t know where to start and that’s putting you off?
- Do you need a bit of guidance to give you the confidence to take the plunge?
Then our 6 week NEWBIES RINGCRAFT sessions are for you – just one payment of £100 and 6 weeks of fun, information and enrichment await. Designed specifically for people who are brand new to the hobby and crafted to give you confidence and a grounding in the basics. Dog shows in the UK are regulated by the Kennel Club and only dogs who are pedigree examples of the breed (ie they have “papers” and are not crossbreeds) are allowed to show in most dog shows. However, if you are just looking for a bit of fun and to attend local fun shows, then your dog would be able to compete even if he is not a pedigree.
This 6 week block of one hour sessions will have a maximum of 8 handlers/dogs in them so you aren’t lost in the crowd and will get the 121 attention you need. It will be attended by other people just like you, so no need to feel out of your depth – we all had to start somewhere!
The course will guide you through such things as:
- Understanding a breed standard
- The right way to use a lead
- Teaching your dog to focus on you
- How to run you dog on a loose leash
- How to stack your dog for the judge
- Different patterns you will be expected to run in the show ring
- Handling your dog for the judge to examine
- Different types of show, when and how to enter them
- How to chose the particular classes for your dog’s age and skill set
- Training and games to practice at home
- Access to our training videos and files in the Ringcraft Rebels Facebook Group.
At the end of the course you can either enrol for a further block, or move forward to 121 training or participation in our workshops before hitting the showring with your best friend for real.
Dates for this block are Tuesdays at 6.00 pm
Bring your happy face and enthusiastic demeanour – training should be fun and I guarantee you’ll get so much more from your furry companion if you are both loving it! No harsh handling will be permitted.
What should I bring? Treats …. lots and lots of tiny high value yummy treats that your dog will work for.
Should I bring toys? If your dog is toy-driven, then bring his favourite toy as his reward/reinforcer.
Do I need to bring a water bowl? Water is available but please bring your own bowl to avoid cross contamination.
Do I need poo bags? Yes, always have poo bags with you (that includes in the actual show ring too) … you just never know when they’ll do it.
What should I wear? Comfortable clothes and shoes that allow you to move at a speed you would in the show ring.
Do I need a chair? We envisage you standing and working with your dog throughout the entire hour. If you feel you will need to sit down, then please do bring your own chair as there is only one bench within the barn.
Please arrive 5 minutes before your session to ensure you get the full amount of time and do not disturb the class once it is already in session.
The fields are on the South Cave – Brough road, 420 metres in the Brough direction from the roundabout near the BP service station on the A1034/A63 South Cave junction. Drive past Wandahome Caravans and its just before you get to the Ellerker/ Brantingham crossroads.
Fields location is ready.swells.slung
Barn location is chained.shuttling.common
T’s and C’s
* Cancellations or weeks you are not able to attend during the block are, sadly, NON REFUNDABLE
* Any dog who has been ill, or in contact with a dog who has been poorly within the last 2 weeks should NOT ATTEND
* Dogs with reactive aggression should be given adequate space and not permitted to bark/lunge at others in the class. Should this behaviour not be controlled safely, they may be asked to leave if they are considered dangerous/disruptive to others in the class.
* You are responsible for your dog throughout the session and for clearing up any toileting accidents