IT’S ALL ABOUT THE PUPPIES!!!!
- Do you have a brand new puppy??
- Have you looked at Crufts on the television and thought you’d love to be there one day with your dog?
Well, just maybe that’s exactly what the future could hold for you and your new best furry companion. Our 6 week PUPPY FOUNDATION RINGCRAFT sessions are for you – just one payment of £100 and 6 weeks of fun and puppy enrichment at your finger tips. Designed specifically for brand new baby puppies, and crafted to give them the foundation to build on and become a super show dog. Our 6 week block will give them confidence and a grounding in the basics. It will direct you into the exercises and games you can play at this pivotal early age to set your puppy up for success so that by the time he is old enough to step paw in the ring, he is already well on his way to a glittering career.
Dog shows in the UK are regulated by the Kennel Club and only dogs who are pedigree examples of the breed (ie they have “papers” and are not crossbreeds) are allowed to show in most dog shows. However, if you are just looking for a bit of fun and to attend local fun shows, then your dog would be able to compete even if he is not a pedigree.
This 6 week block of one hour sessions will have a maximum of 8 handlers/dogs in them so you aren’t lost in the crowd and will get the 121 attention you need. It will be attended by other baby puppies just like yours, so no need for any of them to feel out of their depth – they all have to start somewhere!
The course will guide you through such things as:
- Getting your puppy to focus on you
- The right way to use a lead
- Standing your dog with the PingPong game
- Full body examination husbandry
- Free stacking without touching your dog
- Loose lead trotting
- Running with other dogs
- Training and games to practice at home
- Access to our training videos and files in the Ringcraft Rebels Facebook Group.
At the end of the course you can either enrol for a further Foundation Puppy block, move forward to 121 training or participate in our workshops before hitting the showring with your best friend for real.
Dates for this block are WEDNESDAY EVENINGS at 7.30 pm
Blocks are booked and paid for in full HOWEVER if your puppy is not ready to start in time for inclusion in all the sessions, you can book for individual sessions within the block by texting Kerry on 07946 208817 to see if there are any spaces left – each of those individual session bookings will be charged at £20 and payment can be made by following this link: Book Individual Puppy Session
Bring your happy face and enthusiastic demeanour – training should be fun and I guarantee you’ll get so much more from your furry companion if you are both loving it! No harsh handling will be permitted.
What should I bring? Treats …. lots and lots of tiny high value yummy treats that your dog will work for.
Should I bring toys? If your dog is toy-driven, then bring his favourite toy as his reward/reinforcer.
Do I need to bring a water bowl? Water is available but please bring your own bowl to avoid cross contamination.
Do I need poo bags? Yes, always have poo bags with you (that includes in the actual show ring too) … you just never know when they’ll do it.
What should I wear? Comfortable clothes and shoes that allow you to move at a speed you would in the show ring.
Do I need a chair? We envisage you standing and working with your dog throughout the entire hour. If you feel you will need to sit down, then please do bring your own chair as there is only one bench within the barn.
Please arrive 5 minutes before your session to ensure you get the full amount of time and do not disturb the class once it is already in session.
The fields are on the South Cave – Brough road, 420 metres in the Brough direction from the roundabout near the BP service station on the A1034/A63 South Cave junction. Drive past Wandahome Caravans and its just before you get to the Ellerker/ Brantingham crossroads.
Fields location is ready.swells.slung
Barn location is chained.shuttling.common
T’s and C’s
* Cancellations or weeks you are not able to attend during the block are, sadly, NON REFUNDABLE
* Any dog who has been ill, or in contact with a dog who has been poorly within the last 2 weeks should NOT ATTEND
* Dogs with reactive aggression should be given adequate space and not permitted to bark/lunge at others in the class. Should this behaviour not be controlled safely, they may be asked to leave if they are considered dangerous/disruptive to others in the class.
* You are responsible for your dog throughout the session and for clearing up any toileting accidents